As BBQ season is nearly upon us we´ve chosen a quick & easy burger recipe to wow your guests this summer!
Blue cheese and apple Burger
Cooks in: 25 minutes
6 Meat Boutique Burgers
1 iceberg lettuce
1 punnet of cress
2 Braeburn or Cox apples
120g blue cheese
6 burger buns
1) Wash, spin & dry the lettuce leaves, cut your cress, slice the apples, crumble the blue cheese into chunks, and leave everything to one side.
2) Preheat your grill to high. Place a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add a drizzle of oil to the pan.
3) Fry the burgers for around 4 minutes on each side if you like them pink in the middle, or longer if you prefer them fully cooked, seasoning the patties with black pepper as you cook them.
4) Halve and toast the buns under the grill or on a hot griddle, then line them up on a board ready to go.
5) When the burgers are cooked, top each with the blue cheese and pop under the grill for a couple of minutes until nice and oozy.
6) Now the fun part, build your burgers. First layer the salad leaves and apple onto the buns, followed by a good drizzle of mustard. Pop the burgers on, and top with the cress (a cucumber and chili relish is great here too). Squish the bun tops on and serve straight away.