Try this recipe for the smoothest, most scrumptious Mango cheesecake similar to our much-loved mango Cheesecake at Thai Botanico.
The mango can be purchased fresh, or alternatively you can use canned mango. We´re sure you will find this recipe easy, fun to make, and sooo delicious!
• 4 250 gram cream cheese
• 5 eggs
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 Tbsp. flour
• 1 cup sliced mango (1-2 fresh mangos OR 14 oz. can sliced mango)
• 1 tsp. coconut flavoring (optional)
• 1/3 cup + 2 Tbsp. softened butter OR coconut oil
• 1+3/4 cup crushed biscuits
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a spring-form pan by lining it with tin foil/parchment paper, OR you can use a standard cake pan plus several ramekins. Grease with butter or coconut oil.
2. Stir room-temperature or microwave warmed butter into biscuit crumbs & press into bottom of prepared pan to make a bottom crust. Set in refrigerator.
3. Place mango slices in a blender. Add two Tbsp. water, the coconut flavoring if using, and blitz to make a thick puree. If using fresh mango you may want to add 2 tsp. sugar to sweeten it. Set aside.
4. Place cream cheese in a large mixing bowl. If cold, cover with a plate and microwave 1-2 minutes until soft. Add sugar and beat at low speed until smooth. Now begin adding eggs one at a time, beating at low speed.
5. Add half the mango puree and sprinkle over flour. Mix on low speed or by hand just until incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pan(s) and smooth out top.
6. Drizzle remaining puree onto surface of cake in 3 horizontal lines or dots all over surface. With a cake-tester, skewer, or thin-bladed knife, swirl batter and puree together using wide circular movements.
7. Set in preheated oven to bake 1 hour or 10 minutes longer if cake appears undercooked. Note that top of cheesecake may still be a little ‘jiggly’ – it will firm up later. Allow to cool in pans before removing, then refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!